Monday, October 4, 2010

Who I Am Now

Its been a long hiatus friends, but I'm back. I'm a whole different person than I was in May. I'm stronger through my pain and struggles. I becoming someone who I can understand now.

The last time I've seen or heard from him was in August. I have not missed him since. Everytime I retell my story I relive the hurt, but it quickly gets overthrown by my feelings of thankfulness that God pulled me out of that distructive relationship.

I'm now 23 not anywhere close to being married. But God has a beautiful love story for me. Its just waiting for me around the corner. In the meantime I'm spending my days getting to know myself in Christ and unraveling this new me.

A dear friend introduced me to this song and it is very appropriate to where I am now - A Little Bit Stronger by Sara Evans [tweaked by LL].

And I'm done hopin'
that we can work it out.
I'm done with how it feels,
spinnin' my wheels, and
lettin' you drag my heart around.
And oh; and I'm done thinkin'
that you could ever change.
I know my heart will never be the same,
but I'm tellin' myself I'll be okay.
Even on my weakest days
I get a little bit stronger.

Doesn't happen overnight, but you
turn around and a month's gone by,
and you realize you haven't cried.
I'm not givin' you an hour or a second
or another minute longer.
I'm busy gettin' stronger.


I'm gettin' on without you baby.
Better off without you baby.
How does it feel without me, baby?
I'm gettin' stronger without you baby.


Get a little more stronger.
Just little more stronger.
A little bit; a little more;
a whole lot stronger.
I am now stronger.



Peace+Love
ll

1 comments:

Kaitlin said...

You are beautiful and when you finish the marathon you will be even stronger.

Post a Comment